Sandila to take over as next chief of Pak Navy
Islamabad: Vice Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila
is expected to take over the next chief of the Pakistan Navy
when current incumbent Admiral Noman Bashir retires later this
Sandila would be promoted to Admiral and named the new
navy chief, Geo News channel quoted its sources as saying.
Bashir, the brother of Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir,
is scheduled to retire on October 7.
President Asif Ali Zardari, the supreme commander of the
armed forces, met Sandila, currently the Chief of Staff of the
navy, this afternoon.
Sandila joined the Pakistan Navy in 1972 and was
commissioned in the Operations Branch in 1975.
In a related development, Bashir paid a farewell call
on Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka