Sandila to take over as next chief of Pak Navy
Islamabad: Vice Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila
is expected to take over the next chief of the Pakistan Navy
when current incumbent Admiral Noman Bashir retires later this
Sandila would be promoted to Admiral and named the new
navy chief, Geo News channel quoted its sources as saying.
Bashir, the brother of Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir,
is scheduled to retire on October 7.
President Asif Ali Zardari, the supreme commander of the
armed forces, met Sandila, currently the Chief of Staff of the
navy, this afternoon.
Sandila joined the Pakistan Navy in 1972 and was
commissioned in the Operations Branch in 1975.
In a related development, Bashir paid a farewell call
on Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday