Sarabjit`s family to approach International Court of Justice
New Delhi: The family of Sarabjit Singh,
who is on death row and lodged in a Pakistani jail since 1991,
will move the International Court of Justice for his release.
"We will move the International Court for his release.
Lawyer Suraj Singh will represent us," Sarabjit`s sister
Daljeet Kaur said.
Sarabjit was convicted in Pakistan in the case of 1990
serial bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan that killed 14 people.
His family claims that he was a victim of mistaken
identity and strayed into Pakistan from his village located
on the border.
Though he was to be hanged on April one last year, the
execution was put off indefinitely following Pakistani Prime
Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani`s intervention.
Pakistani lawyer Awais Sheikh, who took up Sarabjit`s
case in June last year, has filed mercy petition and also
written a letter signed by thousands of Indians to Pakistani
President Asif Ali Zardari pleading for the release of his
client or at least commuting it to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!