Sarabjit`s family to approach International Court of Justice
New Delhi: The family of Sarabjit Singh,
who is on death row and lodged in a Pakistani jail since 1991,
will move the International Court of Justice for his release.
"We will move the International Court for his release.
Lawyer Suraj Singh will represent us," Sarabjit`s sister
Daljeet Kaur said.
Sarabjit was convicted in Pakistan in the case of 1990
serial bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan that killed 14 people.
His family claims that he was a victim of mistaken
identity and strayed into Pakistan from his village located
on the border.
Though he was to be hanged on April one last year, the
execution was put off indefinitely following Pakistani Prime
Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani`s intervention.
Pakistani lawyer Awais Sheikh, who took up Sarabjit`s
case in June last year, has filed mercy petition and also
written a letter signed by thousands of Indians to Pakistani
President Asif Ali Zardari pleading for the release of his
client or at least commuting it to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS