Saran`s meeting with Bhattarai raises eyebrows among Maoists
Kathmandu: Special Indian envoy Shyam
Saran`s recent meeting with Maoist leader Baburam Bhattarai
has stirred controversy within the party ranks, with a section
raising questions over a `one-on-one` between the two and
demanding that a clarification be sought from the Maoist No 2.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s special envoy Saran
visited Nepal last week and met top political players,
including Maoist chief Prachanda.
But, party members close to Prachanda seem unhappy
over Saran`s separate meeting with the Maoist Vice Chairman,
that came amidst a lingering political crisis in Nepal where
the Constituent Assembly has failed four times to elect a
Maoist politburo member Barsha Man Pun `Ananta` told
media persons that he saw the meeting as a `mistake` and
suggested that the party seek a clarification from Bhattarai
over the issue. Many see Bhattarai as soft towards India as
against Prachanda, who is known for his anti-India rhetoric.
"Why was it necessary for him to meet Saran one-to-one
when all the office-bearers had jointly met him (Saran)," said
It has also been revealed that the Maoist chairman
Prachanda also held a one-to-one meeting with Saran after the
latter met Bhattarai, hours before he left for India on
According to media reports, both Dahal and Bhattarai
knew about each other`s separate meetings with Saran.
However, party leaders close to Prachanda have
objected to Bhattarai`s private meeting with Saran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?