`Sartaj Aziz to raise resumption of dialogue, LoC tensions`
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday said the Prime Minister`s Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz will raise the key issues of resuming the composite dialogue and de-escalating tensions on the LoC during his ongoing visit to India.
Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Chaudhry said Pakistan believes in the negotiated settlement of all outstanding issues with India, including Kashmir. He said peace and stability is prerequisite for economic progress of the region.
The spokesman said Aziz would raise the "key issues of resumption of composite dialogue and de-escalation of tension on the Line of Control", state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
Chaudhry further said Pakistan wants the implementation of the proposal of the Prime Ministers of the two countries for a meeting between the Directors General of Military Operations to address tensions on the LoC.
Both sides have accused each other of violating the 2003 ceasefire on the LoC over the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay