`Sartaj Aziz to raise resumption of dialogue, LoC tensions`
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday said the Prime Minister`s Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz will raise the key issues of resuming the composite dialogue and de-escalating tensions on the LoC during his ongoing visit to India.
Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Chaudhry said Pakistan believes in the negotiated settlement of all outstanding issues with India, including Kashmir. He said peace and stability is prerequisite for economic progress of the region.
The spokesman said Aziz would raise the "key issues of resumption of composite dialogue and de-escalation of tension on the Line of Control", state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
Chaudhry further said Pakistan wants the implementation of the proposal of the Prime Ministers of the two countries for a meeting between the Directors General of Military Operations to address tensions on the LoC.
Both sides have accused each other of violating the 2003 ceasefire on the LoC over the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB