`Sartaj Aziz to raise resumption of dialogue, LoC tensions`
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday said the Prime Minister`s Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz will raise the key issues of resuming the composite dialogue and de-escalating tensions on the LoC during his ongoing visit to India.
Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Chaudhry said Pakistan believes in the negotiated settlement of all outstanding issues with India, including Kashmir. He said peace and stability is prerequisite for economic progress of the region.
The spokesman said Aziz would raise the "key issues of resumption of composite dialogue and de-escalation of tension on the Line of Control", state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
Chaudhry further said Pakistan wants the implementation of the proposal of the Prime Ministers of the two countries for a meeting between the Directors General of Military Operations to address tensions on the LoC.
Both sides have accused each other of violating the 2003 ceasefire on the LoC over the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?