Saudi diplomat shot dead in Bangladesh
Dhaka: A 45-year-old Saudi diplomat was shot
dead near his home early on Tuesday in the Bangladeshi capital.
Khalaf al Ali, working as the second secretary of the
embassy, was shot once in the left chest, Nurul Alam,
assistant commissioner (Patrol) of Gulshan Division said.
"One of our diplomatic staff was killed near his house in
Gulshan this morning. This is sad," Saudi Ambassador to
Bangladesh Dr Abdullah Al Bussairy confirmed, Daily Star
Police could not immediately ascertain the motive behind
The Saudi Embassy has sent a note verbal (official
communication) in which it has demanded proper inquiry into
the murder, the paper reported.
"We hope the government will catch the killers,"
Ambassador Bussairy said.
The government of Bangladesh has told the Saudi
Ambassador that it will conduct an all-out inquiry into the
killing and ensure exemplary punishment to the persons
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India