Saudi diplomat shot dead in Bangladesh
Dhaka: A 45-year-old Saudi diplomat was shot
dead near his home early on Tuesday in the Bangladeshi capital.
Khalaf al Ali, working as the second secretary of the
embassy, was shot once in the left chest, Nurul Alam,
assistant commissioner (Patrol) of Gulshan Division said.
"One of our diplomatic staff was killed near his house in
Gulshan this morning. This is sad," Saudi Ambassador to
Bangladesh Dr Abdullah Al Bussairy confirmed, Daily Star
Police could not immediately ascertain the motive behind
The Saudi Embassy has sent a note verbal (official
communication) in which it has demanded proper inquiry into
the murder, the paper reported.
"We hope the government will catch the killers,"
Ambassador Bussairy said.
The government of Bangladesh has told the Saudi
Ambassador that it will conduct an all-out inquiry into the
killing and ensure exemplary punishment to the persons
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur