SC hearing on Pashupati temple burial site on Monday
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Supreme Court today
fixed April 11 to hear two separate writ petitions filed by
Hindu and Christian activists regarding burial site near the
popular Pashupatinath temple.
Christian activists are on hunger strike for the past
two weeks demanding to give them burial place in the
Sleshmantak forest near the Pashupatinath temple, which was
rejected by Pashupati Area Development Trust, that looks after
the affairs of the temple.
Nepal`s Supreme Court has differed the date for
hearing on the two petitions and fixed April 11 as another
date for the verdict.
Hindu activist Bharat Jangam has filed a writ
petition to halt the Christians to continue their burial works
in the forest near the revered Pashupatinath shrine.
Another write was filed by Christian activist CB
Gahatraj asking permission to provide rights to bury the
Christians in the site.
"We cannot allow the Christians to bury their dead
persons in the holy Pashupati temple area," said Jangam
talking to PTI.
The Christians can buy land anywhere in the country
to build their burial place, he pointed out.
The same persons who enjoyed rights to bury their
dead in the temple area have lost the rights after they were
converted into Christians, he pointed out.
A section of Hindu saint with the title Dashnami used
to bury their dead bodies in the forest near the temple area
in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Bada Kabristan
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened