Scottish lawyer Paul McBride found dead in Pak hotel
Lahore: Leading Scottish lawyer Paul McBride
was found dead in a hotel in this eastern Pakistani city,
police officials said on Sunday.
McBride, 46, reportedly died in his sleep in his suite in
Pearl Continental Hotel.
Race Course police station chief Waseem Akhtar said
that police were informed about the death by the hotel`s
The lawyer had come to Pakistan a few days ago to attend
a marriage, Akhtar said.
"Doctors claim he died of cardiac arrest but an autopsy
will be done to determine the exact cause of death," he said.
Some medicines were found in McBride’s room.
McBride had come to Lahore with two other foreigners.
McBride had a high public profile and two men are
currently on trial in Glasgow on charges of sending suspected
parcel bombs to the lawyer and other leading supporters of
Celtic football club, BBC reported.
He was a board member of the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire