Scottish lawyer Paul McBride found dead in Pak hotel
Lahore: Leading Scottish lawyer Paul McBride
was found dead in a hotel in this eastern Pakistani city,
police officials said on Sunday.
McBride, 46, reportedly died in his sleep in his suite in
Pearl Continental Hotel.
Race Course police station chief Waseem Akhtar said
that police were informed about the death by the hotel`s
The lawyer had come to Pakistan a few days ago to attend
a marriage, Akhtar said.
"Doctors claim he died of cardiac arrest but an autopsy
will be done to determine the exact cause of death," he said.
Some medicines were found in McBride’s room.
McBride had come to Lahore with two other foreigners.
McBride had a high public profile and two men are
currently on trial in Glasgow on charges of sending suspected
parcel bombs to the lawyer and other leading supporters of
Celtic football club, BBC reported.
He was a board member of the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital