Scottish lawyer Paul McBride found dead in Pak hotel
Lahore: Leading Scottish lawyer Paul McBride
was found dead in a hotel in this eastern Pakistani city,
police officials said on Sunday.
McBride, 46, reportedly died in his sleep in his suite in
Pearl Continental Hotel.
Race Course police station chief Waseem Akhtar said
that police were informed about the death by the hotel`s
The lawyer had come to Pakistan a few days ago to attend
a marriage, Akhtar said.
"Doctors claim he died of cardiac arrest but an autopsy
will be done to determine the exact cause of death," he said.
Some medicines were found in McBride’s room.
McBride had come to Lahore with two other foreigners.
McBride had a high public profile and two men are
currently on trial in Glasgow on charges of sending suspected
parcel bombs to the lawyer and other leading supporters of
Celtic football club, BBC reported.
He was a board member of the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days