SDLA claims responsibility for Pak bus attack
Islamabad: A little-known group has claimed responsibility for a deadly attack on a bus that killed nine persons in Sindh province of southern Pakistan.
Pamphlets of the Sindhu Desh Liberation Army (SDLA) claiming responsibility for the incident in revenge for the killing of Jeay Sindh Muttahida Mahaz leader Muzaffar Bhutto were found at the site of the attack in Nawabshah district of Sindh.
DSP Sardar Khan Chandio too told the media that the SDLA had claimed responsibility for the attack.
Nine people were killed and more than 30 others injured when gunmen fired at the passengers of the bus going from Karachi, the capital of Sindh, to Kohat in the country`s northwest yesterday.
The Dawn newspaper said the attack was the first of its kind in Sindh.
Most of those killed in the attack were not residents of Sindh.
According to media reports, a man boarded the bus in Sakrand and said five companions would join him in Rein Shakh. At Rein Shakh, five armed men boarded the bus and asked Sindhi passengers to get off.
Soon after, the gunmen started firing at the passengers.
Pamphlets of the SDLA were found after railway tracks and branches of the National Bank of Pakistan in Sindh were targeted with low intensity bombs recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE