SE Asia Health ministers to meet in Nepal next month
Kathmandu: In view of a growing number of
swine flu cases in the region, Nepal will host two key
regional conferences next month attended by health ministers
from 11 countries, including India.
The first meeting of 11 health ministers will take place
in Kathmandu from September 7 to 8, while from September 8 to
10 the 62nd session of the Regional Committee for WHO`s South
East Asia Region will take place.
Health Ministers, government officials and health experts
from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives,
Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Timore Leste will
attend the regional workshop cum conferences, according to a
press release issued by the World Health Organisation.
The health conference will discuss issues like climate
change and health, H1N1 pandemic outbreak, global financial
crisis and its impact on health and combating counterfeit
medical products, it said.
The regional meeting regarded as the World Health Assembly
at regional level will also be addressed by WHO`s Director
General Margaret Chan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire