SE Asia Health ministers to meet in Nepal next month
Kathmandu: In view of a growing number of
swine flu cases in the region, Nepal will host two key
regional conferences next month attended by health ministers
from 11 countries, including India.
The first meeting of 11 health ministers will take place
in Kathmandu from September 7 to 8, while from September 8 to
10 the 62nd session of the Regional Committee for WHO`s South
East Asia Region will take place.
Health Ministers, government officials and health experts
from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives,
Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Timore Leste will
attend the regional workshop cum conferences, according to a
press release issued by the World Health Organisation.
The health conference will discuss issues like climate
change and health, H1N1 pandemic outbreak, global financial
crisis and its impact on health and combating counterfeit
medical products, it said.
The regional meeting regarded as the World Health Assembly
at regional level will also be addressed by WHO`s Director
General Margaret Chan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened