SE Asia Health ministers to meet in Nepal next month
Kathmandu: In view of a growing number of
swine flu cases in the region, Nepal will host two key
regional conferences next month attended by health ministers
from 11 countries, including India.
The first meeting of 11 health ministers will take place
in Kathmandu from September 7 to 8, while from September 8 to
10 the 62nd session of the Regional Committee for WHO`s South
East Asia Region will take place.
Health Ministers, government officials and health experts
from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives,
Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Timore Leste will
attend the regional workshop cum conferences, according to a
press release issued by the World Health Organisation.
The health conference will discuss issues like climate
change and health, H1N1 pandemic outbreak, global financial
crisis and its impact on health and combating counterfeit
medical products, it said.
The regional meeting regarded as the World Health Assembly
at regional level will also be addressed by WHO`s Director
General Margaret Chan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO
- Mysore royal wedding: Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja's wedding attire was designed by Pramoda Devi. Know more facts
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired