Security agencies in Balochistan are sleeping: Pak SC
Islamabad: The Chief Justice of Pakistan slammed the security agencies in the troubled province of Balochistan due to their inaction against the numerous cases of kidnappings and murders, and asked whether the agencies are "sleeping".
Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry questioned the inaction by the police, Frontier Corps, Levies and district administration, and ordered that incompetent officers be removed, reports The News.
The Chief Justice directed the Defence Secretary to ensure cancellation of all arms and vehicle permits issued by agencies in Balochistan and provide a list of those who had been provided vehicles. He also asked for an assurance that agencies would not issue any more permits.
The court remarked that the overall law and order situation in Balochistan was "very" complicated and directed the authorities concerned to submit a detailed report on Friday in connection with law and order in the province.
Justice Jawwad S Khawaja said the law and order situation in Balochistan was aggravating despite the existence of 22 agencies in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’