Security beefed up in Nepal capital
Kathmandu: Nepal Police has beefed up
security following high-profile murders in the capital over
the last few months that has fuelled concerns over the
deteriorating law and order situation.
The police recovered a US-made automatic weapon during
a "special inspection" at Casino Venus located at Hotel Malla
in the capital yesterday.
According to the police, restaurants, night clubs,
casinos and dance bars in Kathmandu have become shelters for
criminals these days.
During the raid, police found the weapon in parked
Suzuki car in the casino premises.
The car has been taken into control while its owners
escaped during the raid, a police official said.
After the murder of media tycoon Jamim Shah near
Casino Rad and attempt on the life of a medical college
director two months ago in the same venue, the police has
stepped up security.
The police recently arrested three restaurant
operators from Kathmandu`s Baneshwor area for mis-behaving and
charging excessive amount from two Indian tourists.
The Kathmandu Metropolitan Police Range arrested them
during a raid acting upon a tip-off, according to
Superintendent of Police Ganesh K.C.
Complains have been received from Indian tourists that
they have been cheated in Thamel and Baneshwor areas, where
restaurants charge Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000 from them by
increasing their bills ten folds.
The police has also intensified checking in all seven
casinos of Kathmandu as reports poured about allowing Nepalese
players in these gaming outlets illegally.
As per the local law, Nepalese are not allowed inside
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide