Security beefed up in Nepal capital
Kathmandu: Nepal Police has beefed up
security following high-profile murders in the capital over
the last few months that has fuelled concerns over the
deteriorating law and order situation.
The police recovered a US-made automatic weapon during
a "special inspection" at Casino Venus located at Hotel Malla
in the capital yesterday.
According to the police, restaurants, night clubs,
casinos and dance bars in Kathmandu have become shelters for
criminals these days.
During the raid, police found the weapon in parked
Suzuki car in the casino premises.
The car has been taken into control while its owners
escaped during the raid, a police official said.
After the murder of media tycoon Jamim Shah near
Casino Rad and attempt on the life of a medical college
director two months ago in the same venue, the police has
stepped up security.
The police recently arrested three restaurant
operators from Kathmandu`s Baneshwor area for mis-behaving and
charging excessive amount from two Indian tourists.
The Kathmandu Metropolitan Police Range arrested them
during a raid acting upon a tip-off, according to
Superintendent of Police Ganesh K.C.
Complains have been received from Indian tourists that
they have been cheated in Thamel and Baneshwor areas, where
restaurants charge Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000 from them by
increasing their bills ten folds.
The police has also intensified checking in all seven
casinos of Kathmandu as reports poured about allowing Nepalese
players in these gaming outlets illegally.
As per the local law, Nepalese are not allowed inside
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert