Send me back to Afghanistan: Prince Harry
London: Prince Harry has revealed that if he had the opportunity to serve his country in the war zone, he would do it again.
“Send me back to Afghanistan,” the young prince is believed to have told military top brass.
The 27-year-old is apparently hungry for a new tour of the war-stricken country after enjoying 10 days in the Caribbean and Brazil to mark the Queen’s Jubilee.
“At the end of the day I’ve done my training. It costs the Army money to train me,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
“If they didn’t think that they could get me out there again then they wouldn’t have put me through this training. It’s a simple as that.”
“I want to serve my country. I’ve done it once before and I want to do it again,” he said.
Captain Wales, as he is known, will be put through intensive preparation for the tour at RAF Wattisham in Suffolk before further training in Kenya over the summer.
Harry, an Apache helicopter pilot, made clear at the weekend that he and his brother, RAF ace William, 29, would continue to focus on their military careers ahead of royal duties.
“Nothing’s ever certain, as I’ve realised. But I’ll do what’s asked of me. You can’t sit there with a stiff upper lip and not get involved.”
“I’m in a very privileged position, so I’ll use my title to help out where I can, but at the same time we’ve both got our military careers and that’s what we’ll continue to do,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand