Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast
Islamabad: A senior police official was killed on Thursday when a suicide bomber targeted his car while he was on his way to work in Peshawar city, a media report said.
While superintendent of police-rural Peshawar Kalam Khan was killed in the suicide bombing at Pusht Khara Chowk, his driver and guard were injured, reported Geo News.
Police said at least six kilograms of explosives were used in the blast. The suicide bomber`s body parts have been found.
Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, has been hit by a string of terror attacks.
Just four days ago March 11, as many as 13 people were killed when a huge explosion ripped through a funeral prayer being held in the city.
On March 02, gunmen opened fire at Bashir Khan, an Intelligence Bureau inspector who was on his way to work on his motorcycle. His 13-year-old son was injured in the ambush.
On February 24, three policemen were killed and six injured when three heavily armed suicide attackers went on a shooting spree and hurled grenades at a police station in Peshawar. Hours later, a suspected terrorist was injured while planting a bomb. The brazen attack was carried out a day after a deadly car bomb killed over a dozen people and injured more than 20 in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray