Senior leader of Imran Khan`s party shot dead
Karachi: A senior leader of Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party was shot dead here on Tuesday, police said.
Zahra Shahid Hussain, the Vice-President of the party`s chapter in Sindh, was shot by two unidentified men outside her home in Defence Phase IV late Tuesday night. She died while being taken to a nearby hospital.
Hussain was a member of the party`s central executive committee. The motive for the murder could not immediately be ascertained. The killers escaped on a motorcycle.
The shooting occurred hours before re-polling in some polling stations of a Parliamentary constituency in Karachi.
The Election Commission ordered the re-polling following several days of protests by the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf and other parties over rigging in the constituency during the May 11 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!