Senior LTTE intelligence official arrested
Colombo: A top LTTE intelligence operator
was nabbed by the authorities on Tuesday from the national capital
along with high explosives, months after the group was
annihilated by Sri Lankan Army.
Pakyaraja Pradeep, a prominent LTTE cadre, was arrested
by the Terrorist Investigation Department (TID) and when
overpowered was carrying cyanide capsules.
The intelligence officials are questioning the man
whether he was in the capital to carry out any suicide attack.
When caught, Pradeep was found to be carrying 7.5 kg of
square bombs containing high explosives which could be
detonated by remote control or a mobile phone, officials said.
A resident of the capital, who apparently sheltered the
LTTE leader and explosive was also taken into custody. Later
on information provided by the resident, who was not named,
the intelligence officials recovered 10 suicide vests.
Meanwhile, the officers of Vavuniya police on patrol duty
at Purvarisomkulam junction, today zeroed in on a suspicious
motor cycle, the defence ministry said.
While the person riding pillion managed to escape, the
police found a foreign made hand bomb from the rider`s trouser
pocket. A cyanide capsule was also worn around his neck.
The motor cycle apprehended was revealed to be a stolen
one, the ministry said, adding that the police are conducting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed