Senior PPP leader shot dead in Pakistan
Lahore: Senior Pakistan People`s Party leader Syed Talib Husain Shah was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Gujrat district of Punjab province, police officials said on Wednesday.
Shah, 70, was the vice-president of the PPP chapter in Gujrat, 125 km from Punjab capital Lahore.
He was a close aide of federal Power Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar and a four-time member of the Gujrat district council.
He was at a brick kiln owned by a friend when four gunmen riding a car came to the spot last evening and fired at him.
Shah was critically injured and was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, police officials said.
Shah had been an active in politics for the past four decades and remained loyal to the PPP.
His family blamed the attack on political rivalry and said Shah had no personal enmity with anyone.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf expressed grief at the incident and directed police to arrest the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies
- BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016: Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts Results, BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Spectrum cost very high in India, says Sistema
- LeEco set to boom exciting offers on Flipkart's 'Big Shopping Days' sale