Senior Taliban-linked Haqqani commander killed in US drone strike
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: Sangeen Zadran, senior commander of the Taliban-linked Haqqani militant network in north-west Pakistan, was one among the six militants who were killed in the US drone strike in North Waziristan, near Afghanistan on Friday.
Zadran was a wanted terrorist who carried out series of attacks on Afghanistan`s border.
Both the United States and United Nations had blacklisted him as a terrorist.
Although Afghan Taliban has denied that Zadran has been killed in the strikes, Pakistan officials confirm the information.
Earlier in the day, Pakistan government had strongly condemned the US drone strike carried out in North Waziristan which claimed six lives. It had also maintained that such strikes lead to the loss of innocent civilian lives.
For long Pakistan officials have been in talks with the US for finding a solution to the drone issue.
The US drone had attacked with two missiles at Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez