Senior Taliban-linked Haqqani commander killed in US drone strike
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: Sangeen Zadran, senior commander of the Taliban-linked Haqqani militant network in north-west Pakistan, was one among the six militants who were killed in the US drone strike in North Waziristan, near Afghanistan on Friday.
Zadran was a wanted terrorist who carried out series of attacks on Afghanistan`s border.
Both the United States and United Nations had blacklisted him as a terrorist.
Although Afghan Taliban has denied that Zadran has been killed in the strikes, Pakistan officials confirm the information.
Earlier in the day, Pakistan government had strongly condemned the US drone strike carried out in North Waziristan which claimed six lives. It had also maintained that such strikes lead to the loss of innocent civilian lives.
For long Pakistan officials have been in talks with the US for finding a solution to the drone issue.
The US drone had attacked with two missiles at Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley