Seven children killed in Bangladesh accident
Dhaka: At least seven children were killed and 20 others injured after a bus plunged into a roadside canal in Bangladesh Saturday night, police said.
The bus with around 30 children of a primary school veered off the road and plunged into the canal in southwestern Jessore district, 165 km from the capital Dhaka, around 8:30 p.m., Xinhua quoted a Jessore police officer as saying.
"All the seven children died on the spot," said the official.
He said the accident took place on their way back to home after a picnic.
The bus driver seems to have lost control as the roads were slippery after rain, he added.
At least 44 school students were killed in a fatal road accident in July 2011 when a truck carrying them overturned and plunged into a ditch in Mirsarai sub-district of Bangladesh`s Chittagong district, 240 km southeast of Dhaka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living