Seven children killed in Bangladesh accident
Dhaka: At least seven children were killed and 20 others injured after a bus plunged into a roadside canal in Bangladesh Saturday night, police said.
The bus with around 30 children of a primary school veered off the road and plunged into the canal in southwestern Jessore district, 165 km from the capital Dhaka, around 8:30 p.m., Xinhua quoted a Jessore police officer as saying.
"All the seven children died on the spot," said the official.
He said the accident took place on their way back to home after a picnic.
The bus driver seems to have lost control as the roads were slippery after rain, he added.
At least 44 school students were killed in a fatal road accident in July 2011 when a truck carrying them overturned and plunged into a ditch in Mirsarai sub-district of Bangladesh`s Chittagong district, 240 km southeast of Dhaka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh