Seven killed, 80 injured in Pakistan road accident
Islamabad: At least seven people were killed and around 80 injured in a head-on collision between two buses on a highway in Pakistan`s Punjab province early Wednesday, media reports said.
The accident took place around 12.30 am in Dera Ghazi Khan district, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
The two buses hit each other on the Indus Highway near Kara area of Dera Ghazi Khan.
One bus was heading for Karachi, while the other was heading for Rawalpindi, and then for Peshawar.
The cause of the accident was not known.
In another accident Tuesday night, a passenger bus carrying 40 people slipped into a river while travelling on a flooded road in Pakistan-administered Kashmir, killing at least nine people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon