Seven killed as violence spreads across Karachi
Karachi: At least seven people were killed in different firing incidents here in Pakistan`s biggest metropolis as violence spread following killing of a senior member of the Awami National Party (ANP).
Police confirmed that at least seven people were killed in firing incidents in city`s Gulistan-e-Johar area with the violence blowing up after the news of Liaquat Bangash`s death spread.
Five people, including two policemen, were also injured in the firing incidents in the area.
The ANP alleged that Bangash was tortured and killed by police and the paramilitary rangers after they raided his house. Bangash was arrested a year back by Crime Investigation Department (CID).
He had more than 12 cases registered against him and had been released just a few days ago.
A heavy contingent of rangers and police was deployed in the area who managed to arrest two of the civilians responsible for the firing incidents.
The death toll in the ongoing bout of violence in the city has risen to 46.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane