Seven killed in firing at political rally in Pak
Islamabad: At least seven persons were killed and 10 others injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire at a rally on Monday in Sindh province that was being addressed by senior Pakistan People`s Party leader Nafisa Shah, officials said.
Shah, the daughter of Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, escaped unhurt when the gunmen began firing at the rally in Khairpur area of Sindh this evening.
"Nafisa Shah is unhurt but seven others were killed including a local journalist while three other reporters were also injured in the firing," a senior police official said.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained. Several local leaders of the PPP were present at the rally.
Witnesses and official told TV news channels that a journalist was among the injured.
Shah is a member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament and a former mayor of Khairpur district.
She is a campaigner for the rights of women and a member of several parliamentary committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'