Seven killed in firing at political rally in Pak
Islamabad: At least seven persons were killed and 10 others injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire at a rally on Monday in Sindh province that was being addressed by senior Pakistan People`s Party leader Nafisa Shah, officials said.
Shah, the daughter of Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, escaped unhurt when the gunmen began firing at the rally in Khairpur area of Sindh this evening.
"Nafisa Shah is unhurt but seven others were killed including a local journalist while three other reporters were also injured in the firing," a senior police official said.
The motive behind the attack could not immediately be ascertained. Several local leaders of the PPP were present at the rally.
Witnesses and official told TV news channels that a journalist was among the injured.
Shah is a member of the National Assembly or lower house of parliament and a former mayor of Khairpur district.
She is a campaigner for the rights of women and a member of several parliamentary committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion