Seven killed in Pak clash
Peshawar: Seven persons were killed in a
clash between a pro-government militia and militants in Hangu
district of northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
The clash between the pro-government militia led by
commander Hafiz Sakhi Rahman and militants owing allegiance to
Zia-ur-Rehman occurred in Shahoo Khel area of Hangu district.
Among those killed were commander Hafiz Sakhi Rahman
and his brother Salamat, officials said.
The government has propped up many `lashkars` or armed
militias to take on the Taliban in the country’s northwest and
adjoining tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble