Seven killed in Pakistan`s restive northwest
Peshawar: At least seven people, including a soldier and five militants were killed in separate terrorism-related incidents in Pakistan`s restive northwest, officials said on Sunday.
A soldier was killed and two more injured when their vehicle was targeted with an improvised explosive device (IED) in the Frontier Region of Bannu, which borders the restive North Waziristan Agency.
The blast occurred in the Khawa Khawar area. The injured soldiers were taken to a nearby hospital.
Bannu is located near the lawless North Waziristan tribal region, often described by US officials as a safe haven for Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
In a separate incident, one person was killed and six more were injured when a van was targeted with an IED near a check point in Kurram tribal region, officials said.
Five militants were killed when gunship helicopters targeted rebel positions in Akkakhel area of Darra Adamkhel last night.
The air strike was carried out after security forces received information that some militants were trying to cross into Darra Adamkhel. The helicopters spotted a convoy of militants and attacked it, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi