Seven killed in US drone attack in Pak tribal region
Peshawar: At least seven persons were
killed and several others injured in two US drone attacks in
the lawless North Waziristan tribal region in northwest
Pakistan on Wednesday.
Spy planes fired at least three missiles at a target
in Datta Khel area, located 50 km west of Miranshah, the main
town in North Waziristan Agency, sources said.
The identity of three persons killed in the attack
could not immediately be ascertained.
In the second attack, drones fired two missiles at two
vehicles in Datta Khel, killing four persons.
Both vehicles were destroyed, sources said.
Several persons were injured in the two attacks.
US drones have targeted militant bases in the Datta
Khel region on several occasions.
Six militants were killed in a drone strike on two
buildings in the centre of Miranshah on Monday.
The US has stepped up drone attacks in North
Waziristan Agency since seven CIA operatives were killed by a
suicide bomber linked to the Pakistani Taliban in neighbouring
Khost province of Afghanistan in December.
Over 100 people have been killed in some 18 drone
strikes in the region since January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title