Seven LTTE suspects injured in prison clash in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Seven LTTE suspects housed in Vavuniya town`s jail in northern Sri Lanka have been hospitalised following a clash among them, prison officials said on Thursday.
"This was a clash between LTTE suspects triggered by an argument due to personal reasons", PW Kodippily, the superintendent of prisons told reporters.
"Two of them have already been discharged from hospital. We have sent a senior prison official from Anuradhapura to investigate and report", Kodippily added.
The LTTE suspects often cause unrest in jails across the island. They demand their cases be expedited.
The government pledged last month to set up two special courts to deal with the backlog of cases against the LTTE suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!