Seven LTTE suspects injured in prison clash in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Seven LTTE suspects housed in Vavuniya town`s jail in northern Sri Lanka have been hospitalised following a clash among them, prison officials said on Thursday.
"This was a clash between LTTE suspects triggered by an argument due to personal reasons", PW Kodippily, the superintendent of prisons told reporters.
"Two of them have already been discharged from hospital. We have sent a senior prison official from Anuradhapura to investigate and report", Kodippily added.
The LTTE suspects often cause unrest in jails across the island. They demand their cases be expedited.
The government pledged last month to set up two special courts to deal with the backlog of cases against the LTTE suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes