Seven LTTE suspects injured in prison clash in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Seven LTTE suspects housed in Vavuniya town`s jail in northern Sri Lanka have been hospitalised following a clash among them, prison officials said on Thursday.
"This was a clash between LTTE suspects triggered by an argument due to personal reasons", PW Kodippily, the superintendent of prisons told reporters.
"Two of them have already been discharged from hospital. We have sent a senior prison official from Anuradhapura to investigate and report", Kodippily added.
The LTTE suspects often cause unrest in jails across the island. They demand their cases be expedited.
The government pledged last month to set up two special courts to deal with the backlog of cases against the LTTE suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi