Seven LTTE suspects injured in prison clash in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Seven LTTE suspects housed in Vavuniya town`s jail in northern Sri Lanka have been hospitalised following a clash among them, prison officials said on Thursday.
"This was a clash between LTTE suspects triggered by an argument due to personal reasons", PW Kodippily, the superintendent of prisons told reporters.
"Two of them have already been discharged from hospital. We have sent a senior prison official from Anuradhapura to investigate and report", Kodippily added.
The LTTE suspects often cause unrest in jails across the island. They demand their cases be expedited.
The government pledged last month to set up two special courts to deal with the backlog of cases against the LTTE suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi