Seven militants captured in Pak`s Swat valley
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces captured
seven Taliban fighters during search operations in Swat and
other parts of the restive Malakand division in the country`s
northwest, where police also seized 10 missiles from a truck.
Security forces apprehended seven militants at Charbagh,
Udigram, Malam Jabba and Gulibagh areas in Swat valley, the
military said in a statement.
Thirteen other militants surrendered before security
forces at Guljabba, Kabal, Shalhand, Chuprial and Aloch Bazar.
The army says it has killed nearly 2,000 militants across
the Malakand division since an offensive against the Taliban
was launched in May. Over 300 security personnel have also
died in the fighting.
Meanwhile, police today seized 10 missiles from a truck
in Charsadda district of North West Frontier Province.
District police chief Muhammad Riaz Khan said the seizure
was made after police were alerted that missiles were likely
to be smuggled out of the area in a truck to carry out attacks
in other districts.
Police have launched a search for the persons who were
transporting the missiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH