Seven militants captured in Pak`s Swat valley
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces captured
seven Taliban fighters during search operations in Swat and
other parts of the restive Malakand division in the country`s
northwest, where police also seized 10 missiles from a truck.
Security forces apprehended seven militants at Charbagh,
Udigram, Malam Jabba and Gulibagh areas in Swat valley, the
military said in a statement.
Thirteen other militants surrendered before security
forces at Guljabba, Kabal, Shalhand, Chuprial and Aloch Bazar.
The army says it has killed nearly 2,000 militants across
the Malakand division since an offensive against the Taliban
was launched in May. Over 300 security personnel have also
died in the fighting.
Meanwhile, police today seized 10 missiles from a truck
in Charsadda district of North West Frontier Province.
District police chief Muhammad Riaz Khan said the seizure
was made after police were alerted that missiles were likely
to be smuggled out of the area in a truck to carry out attacks
in other districts.
Police have launched a search for the persons who were
transporting the missiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam