Seven militants, one policeman killed in clashes in Pak
Islamabad: A Pakistani security personnel and seven militants were killed in separate incidents of violence in the restive Orakzai tribal region in the country`s northwest on Monday.
A security personnel was killed and two others were injured in a landmine explosion in Mamozai area of Orakzai Agency this morning, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
Following this attack by the rebels, security forces retaliated and killed seven militants.
The troops also destroyed two militant hideouts, the report said.
No further details were immediately available.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban is active in Orakzai Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India