Seven Taliban miliants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Seven Taliban leaders were killed and a shadowy district governor detained following an overnight air raid in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, a provincial police spokesperson said Sunday.
"Based on intelligence, a warplane with the NATO-led coalition forces carried out an airstrike against a Taliban hideout in Trikh Nawar area of Naway-i-Barakzai district in the wee hours Sunday, killing seven insurgent leaders, including Mullah Hazrat and Mullah Yasin," Xinhua quoted the official as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users