Seven Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Seven Taliban militants were killed in Afghanistan`s Kunduz province on Thursday when security forces raided a militant hideout, a local official said.
The security forces including Police stormed a hideout of Taliban rebels in Dasht-e-Archi district early morning, leaving seven militants including Qari Mohammad Halim, a shadowy Governor of the district, dead, reported Xinhua citing the District Police Chief Hamid Agha.
There were no casualties on security forces, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Iraq forces retake key town south of Mosul
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid