Seven Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Seven Taliban militants were killed in Afghanistan`s Kunduz province on Thursday when security forces raided a militant hideout, a local official said.
The security forces including Police stormed a hideout of Taliban rebels in Dasht-e-Archi district early morning, leaving seven militants including Qari Mohammad Halim, a shadowy Governor of the district, dead, reported Xinhua citing the District Police Chief Hamid Agha.
There were no casualties on security forces, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre