Severed heads of policemen found on outskirts of Peshawar
Islamabad: The severed heads of a senior police officer and a Frontier Constabulary personnel, killed during a recent Taliban attack, have been found on the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan, according to a media report today.
Superintendent of Police Khurshid Khan and the Frontier Constabulary personnel were killed on Sunday night when scores of Taliban fighters attacked a police post in Mattani, a suburb of Peshawar.
The heads of both men, packed in a bag, were found hanging on the veranda of a market early yesterday, the Dawn newspaper quoted a police source as saying.
Local residents informed police about the severed heads.
After a post-mortem examination, the heads were handed over to the relatives of the two men for burial.
A local resident, who was not identified, said the attack on the post manned jointly by police and Frontier Constabulary had caused panic among the people, who were feeling insecure.
Seven security personnel were killed in the attack.
"We are unable to express our feelings in public as nobody knows about the informers of militants and police. The best option for people like us is to remain silent or avoid sitting in the bazaars," the local resident said.
He said shopkeepers would keep their shops open in the evenings in the past but the attack had prompted them to pull down the shutters before sunset.
Referring to the increased activities of militants, he said security forces should support police at entry points or else law enforcers would not be able to control the situation.
Speaking about the recovery of the heads, DSP Fazl Wahid Khan said: "We are making efforts to arrest all those involved in the heinous crime but so far no one has been arrested in this connection."
He said only senior police officials could decide about a lean-up operation against militants in Peshawar`s suburbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested