Shahbaz Sharif`s daughter`s guards assault bakery worker
Lahore: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif`s daughter`s security guards assaulted a worker at a bakery who refused to serve her, forcing Sharif to direct authorities to register a case against the errant personnel.
Sharif acted after several TV news channels aired footage from the bakery`s CCTV cameras that showed his daughter Rabia Imran`s security guards severely beating the worker.
The channels also aired footage that showed the Chief Minister`s daughter apparently berating the worker after he refused to serve as the bakery was closed.
The CCTV footage clearly showed the Chief Minister`s daughter pointing her finger in a threatening manner at the bakery`s employee several times.
After the hijab-wearing woman left the shop, her private security guards and police escort returned after some time, called out the worker and beat him on the pavement outside the bakery.
The footage clearly showed some men in plainclothes, flanked by Elite Force police personnel, calling the young man out of the bakery and beating him.
They later bundled the man into a car and left the area.
The owner of the bakery, Umer Hussain, told police that the incident had occurred on October 7, when a woman came to the shop between 1pm and 2 pm and asked for a cake.
"As the shop was closed for cleaning, employees asked the visitor to return later. Two men accompanying the woman misbehaved with our employee named Irfan. The woman and her bodyguards left after threatening Irfan with dire consequences," Hussain said.
Later, the woman`s two bodyguards returned to the shop with Elite Force personnel and asked for Irfan and "severely tortured him", he said.
Police arrested an official of the Elite Force personnel and a bodyguard of Rabia and her husband Imran Yousuf.
Earlier, Shahbaz Sharif`s son Hamza was accused of torturing his third wife Ayesha Ahad, who claimed he had contracted a secret marriage with her.
"On making the marriage public, Hamza got me tortured by police," Ahad said, she also produced a medical board`s report confirming the torture.
No case has been registered against Hamza despite her applications to police and a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list