Shahbaz Sharif`s son-in-law charged for beating bakery worker
Lahore: A Pakistani court Tuesday indicted Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif`s son-in-law Ali Imran Yousuf and eight others for assaulting an employee of a bakery who had refused to serve Yousuf`s wife.
The court of Judicial Magistrate Munawwar Hussain summoned the complainant and witnesses to appear at the next hearing on November 30.
Yousuf and the eight other accused, including his bodyguards and policemen, appeared in court.
The Punjab prosecution department presented a chargesheet accused Yousuf and the others of assaulting the bakery`s employee.
It said the charges against them had been proved by footage retrieved from the bakery`s CCTV system.
However, Yousuf and the others denied the charges.
They were recently freed on bail after being arrested last month.
Police had registered a case following a complaint by Umar Hussain, the owner of the bakery.
Yousuf`s wife Rabia Imran, the daughter of Chief Minister Sharif, was caught on CCTV cameras threatening the worker at the bakery on October 7.
Her private guards and police commandos beat the worker and took him away with them.
They released him after thrashing him. Sharif, a senior leader of the PML-N that rules Punjab, was forced to direct authorities to take action against his son-in-law after TV news channels beamed footage from the bakery`s CCTVs.
The Pakistan People`s Party and PML-Q, which are in the opposition in Punjab, have described the arrest of Yousuf as a "drama" staged by Sharif to fool the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena