Shahbaz`s stepmother, stepbrother quizzed by cops
Lahore: Pakistani police have questioned the
stepmother and a stepbrother of kidnapped son of slain Punjab
governor Salman Taseer over their alleged "property dispute"
and now believe that religious fundamentalists could be behind
Shahbaz Taseer (27) was kidnapped by four armed men near
his company head-office in Gulberg area here on August 26.
The police investigators quizzed Ayesha Bokhari, third
wife of Taseer and Shan, Taseer`s son from first wife.
The investigators asked them about their reported
"property dispute" with Shahbaz and other family members.
Bokhari in a written statement to investigators said that
Taseers had recently deprived her of lawful share in her
She said she had ownership documents of a few flats and a
Shahbaz`s family claimed that Bokhari, who got ownership
letters of commercial and residential property of Taseers
company, had failed to pay full money.
An investigator further said that kidnappers had not
yet contacted the family adding the police did not see any
`business-related` dispute behind the incident after
interrogating all the acquaintances of Taseeer.
Meanwhile, the police have released some suspects after
nothing was established against them.
The police had taken into custody some of visitors of
Qadri, who had recently met him in Adiala jail Rawalpindi into
Though the investigators say they have not yet got any
clue from them but they believe that Qadri`s case had
something to do with Shahbaz`s kidnapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- 1,282 pilgrims leave for Amarnath Yatra from Jammu
- Kejriwal to visit Goa again next month
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot