Shahbaz`s stepmother, stepbrother quizzed by cops
Lahore: Pakistani police have questioned the
stepmother and a stepbrother of kidnapped son of slain Punjab
governor Salman Taseer over their alleged "property dispute"
and now believe that religious fundamentalists could be behind
Shahbaz Taseer (27) was kidnapped by four armed men near
his company head-office in Gulberg area here on August 26.
The police investigators quizzed Ayesha Bokhari, third
wife of Taseer and Shan, Taseer`s son from first wife.
The investigators asked them about their reported
"property dispute" with Shahbaz and other family members.
Bokhari in a written statement to investigators said that
Taseers had recently deprived her of lawful share in her
She said she had ownership documents of a few flats and a
Shahbaz`s family claimed that Bokhari, who got ownership
letters of commercial and residential property of Taseers
company, had failed to pay full money.
An investigator further said that kidnappers had not
yet contacted the family adding the police did not see any
`business-related` dispute behind the incident after
interrogating all the acquaintances of Taseeer.
Meanwhile, the police have released some suspects after
nothing was established against them.
The police had taken into custody some of visitors of
Qadri, who had recently met him in Adiala jail Rawalpindi into
Though the investigators say they have not yet got any
clue from them but they believe that Qadri`s case had
something to do with Shahbaz`s kidnapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?