Shahzad not Pakistani but naturalised US citizen: Qureshi
Karachi: Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that Faisal Shahzad, the man accused of plotting the botched Times Square bombing, is not a resident of his country but a ‘naturalised American citizen’.
Qureshi, however, said that Pakistan would provide all help to the United States concerning the probe into the failed New York bombing plot.
“I will have to check. I am not aware of that but I am aware that he is a naturalised American citizen, and the Government of Pakistan will cooperate with the United States and help them in whatever way we can,” he said while responding to a question on reports regarding the recovery of two Pakistani passports from Shahzad.
Qureshi reiterated that Islamabad is sincerely probing the Mumbai terror attacks, adding that the Jamaat-ud-Daawa (JeM) chief Hafeez Muhammed Saeed, who India says had masterminded the 26/11 attacks, was released as there were no evidence against him.
“Pakistan wants cordial relations with India and we will not let any terrorist outfit sabotage the process of dialogue between the two countries,” The News quoted Qureshi, as saying.
Replying to a question during an interview, Qureshi said back channel diplomacy was of no use until front channel diplomacy between New Delhi and Islamabad succeeds, adding that he would soon invite his Indian counterpart SM Krishna to Pakistan for talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President