‘Shahzad`s blackberry phone records inaccessible’
Islamabad: Pakistan`s main investigating
agency FIA has said the phone records of slain journalist
Saleem Shahzad were not accessible as the password to his
BlackBerry device could not be retrieved.
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) said that the
government or Shahzad`s family will have to formally approach
the foreign cellular firm over the issue.
"Slain journalist Saleem Shahzad`s phone records could
not be accessed as the password to his BlackBerry device
cannot be retrieved," the Dawn daily reported today, quoting
"The foreign cellular company (Shahzad used) will have to
be approached formally either by the government or by
Shahzad`s family," Shahid Nadeem Baloch, Director of FIA`s
cyber crime wing who testified yesterday before a five-member
judicial commission tasked to probe Shahzad`s murder, was
quoted as saying by the daily.
After the meeting, the commission`s information secretary
Taimur Azmat said the panel has already directed the Islamabad
Capital Territory`s inspector-general of police to contact the
company to obtain Shahzad`s password.
The commission has also tasked its member Pervaiz Shaukat
to approach the cellular company for obtaining the password
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race