Shahzad`s contact number on nabbed Pak national’s phone
New York: A Pakistani national arrested in connection with the botched Times Square car bombing had prime suspect Faisal Shahzad`s phone number on his cell phone and an envelop with the accused name on it in his apartment.
Aftab Ali Khan, 27, is one of the three men arrested last week for violating immigrations laws and are suspected of funding money to Shahzad to facilitate his failed plot to blow up an explosive laden car in Times Square on May 01.
FOX News Channel reported that during hearing on Thursday, federal immigration attorney Richard Neville revealed these findings against Aftab but Khan`s lawyer denied his client had any connection with Shahzad.
30-year-old Pakistani-American Shahzad was apprehended at John F Kennedy airport while he was trying to escape to Pakistan via Dubai.
He is believed to have been working in collusion with the Pakistan-Taliban.
If the Times Square bombing was successful, Shahzad planned to attack four other targets -- Rockefeller centre, a, Grand Central Terminal, the World Financial Centre and the Connecticut headquarters of defence contractor Sikorsky.
In two e-mails, the terror suspect has expressed frustration with the state of the Muslim world. Shahzad is a naturalised American citizen from Pakistan and US Attorney General Eric Holder has declared that the present investigation implicates the Pakistani Taliban.
The three other Pakistani men in the US arrested last week do not face criminal charges in connection with the foiled terror plot.
Aftab Khan worked in gas station while arrested roommate Pir Khan, 43, drove a cab in the Boston area, and Mohammad Shafiq Rahman is a computer programmer.
The New York Post reported that Khan`s lawyer Saher Macarius said that he worked as a civilian employee with security clearance at a US Army base in Kuwait and was engaged to an American solider, who initially sponsored his visa to come to the US, said.
Upon Khan`s arrival in August 2009, his fiancée changed her mind and Khan married another woman four months later on November 17, according to Macarius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen