Sharif blames Zardari for his poll disqualification
Sindh: Former Pakistan prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has accused President Asif Ali Zardari for facilitating his disqualification from contesting elections through Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar.
“Although President Zardari got me disqualified through Justice Dogar (now retired), I dined with him in the best interest of the country,” he remarked.
Talking to the media at the residence of District Nazim Ghotki Sardar Ali Gohar Khan Mahar at Khangarh, The Nation quoted Sharif as maintaining that the implementation of Charter of Democracy (CoD) would have saved Pakistan from the trouble it was facing at this moment, adding that his party had been waiting for the repeal of the 17th Amendment two years.
He said he did not want to take premiership from Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani. He said that internal differences would result in collapse of democracy in the country.
In the Bhurban Declaration, he reminded that the PML-N had told the PPP that “we don’t need ministries but want restoration of judges, abolition of 17th Constitutional Amendment and implementation of CoD.”
The country is facing grave problems, including unemployment, hunger, price-hike, poverty, lawlessness and rampant corruption, he said.
He further said there was a huge gap between the rich and the poor, which, he stated, was the basic cause of turmoil in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside