Sharif blames Zardari for his poll disqualification
Sindh: Former Pakistan prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has accused President Asif Ali Zardari for facilitating his disqualification from contesting elections through Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar.
“Although President Zardari got me disqualified through Justice Dogar (now retired), I dined with him in the best interest of the country,” he remarked.
Talking to the media at the residence of District Nazim Ghotki Sardar Ali Gohar Khan Mahar at Khangarh, The Nation quoted Sharif as maintaining that the implementation of Charter of Democracy (CoD) would have saved Pakistan from the trouble it was facing at this moment, adding that his party had been waiting for the repeal of the 17th Amendment two years.
He said he did not want to take premiership from Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani. He said that internal differences would result in collapse of democracy in the country.
In the Bhurban Declaration, he reminded that the PML-N had told the PPP that “we don’t need ministries but want restoration of judges, abolition of 17th Constitutional Amendment and implementation of CoD.”
The country is facing grave problems, including unemployment, hunger, price-hike, poverty, lawlessness and rampant corruption, he said.
He further said there was a huge gap between the rich and the poor, which, he stated, was the basic cause of turmoil in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani