Sharif calls for party`s meet on May 20 to discuss policies
Lahore: PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif, set to become Pakistan`s next Prime Minister, has convened a meeting of parliamentarians and legislators of his party on May 20 to brainstorm a plan of action to deal with Pakistan`s pressing problems including terrorism.
Besides at the centre, the PML-N is set to form government in Punjab and Balochistan provinces.
Sharif will preside over the meeting, which will decide on a plan of action to tackle the country`s pressing problems, including terrorism and power cuts.
The meeting will also discuss matters related to the formation of the governments at the centre and in the provinces, PML-N officials said.
The candidates for the post of Chief Minister of Punjab and Balochistan will be finalised during the meeting, they said.
According to a PML-N official, the names of members of the federal cabinet too will be discussed and Sharif will take the lawmakers into confidence in this regard.
The PML-N bagged 124 of the 272 directly elected seats in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament.
Some 20 lawmakers, including independent candidates and members of smaller parties, have either joined the PML-N or said they will back party, giving it a simple majority in the National Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui