Sharif demands Musharraf be put on trial for treason
Islamabad: The Nawaz Sharif-led Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has issued a 16-point chargesheet against former president Pervez Musharraf, demanding that the former president be brought back through Interpol and tried under Article 06 of the Constitution, a TV channel has reported.
According to the channel, the 10-page document also made seven demands from the government, asking it to take action against Musharraf, the Daily Times reported.
The former general had toppled the elected government on October 12, 1999, the PML-N noted, while holding him responsible for killing 800 soldiers in the Kargil operation.
The chargesheet also accused the APML founder of targeting people politically by using the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), murder of Akbar Bugti, making false cases against the Baloch leadership, kidnapping of thousands of Baloch political workers, abduction of Pakistanis for other countries, corruption, the Lal Masjid operation, the May 12 incident, bombing at Karsaaz in October 2007, National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) and participating in elections donning the Army uniform.
According to the channel, the sheet also demanded the government to sentence Musharraf for his actions against the media. The former ruler had attacked the judiciary during his tenure by imposing emergency and violating the Constitution, it noted, and alleged that the 67-year-old was also involved in a stock exchange scam, imposition of martial law against the Constitution, waging war against his own people, and illegal recruitments in the PIA, NHA and OGDCL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe