Sharif meets Indian envoy, discusses Kashmir
Lahore: Former Pakistan Prime Minister and Pakistan Muslim League-N chief Nawaz Sharif met Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan Sharat Sabharwal here and discussed various issues confronting both the countries.
According to sources privy to the meeting, Sabharwal told Sharif that New Delhi is eager to deescalate the heightened tension between the two countries and also briefed him about the India’s efforts in this regard.
During the meeting, the Indian High Commissioner stressed the need of a ‘joint effort’ for establishing regional peace.
Sharif told Sabharwal that it was important to resolve the long pending Kashmir issue to normalise relations.
“To normalise Indo-Pakistan relations and regional peace, the Kashmir dispute should be resolved on an urgent basis in accordance with UN resolutions,” The Daily Times quoted Sharif, as saying.
The IPL controversy was also discussed in the meeting, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says