Sharif meets Indian envoy, discusses Kashmir
Lahore: Former Pakistan Prime Minister and Pakistan Muslim League-N chief Nawaz Sharif met Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan Sharat Sabharwal here and discussed various issues confronting both the countries.
According to sources privy to the meeting, Sabharwal told Sharif that New Delhi is eager to deescalate the heightened tension between the two countries and also briefed him about the India’s efforts in this regard.
During the meeting, the Indian High Commissioner stressed the need of a ‘joint effort’ for establishing regional peace.
Sharif told Sabharwal that it was important to resolve the long pending Kashmir issue to normalise relations.
“To normalise Indo-Pakistan relations and regional peace, the Kashmir dispute should be resolved on an urgent basis in accordance with UN resolutions,” The Daily Times quoted Sharif, as saying.
The IPL controversy was also discussed in the meeting, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next