Sharif meets Indian envoy, discusses Kashmir
Lahore: Former Pakistan Prime Minister and Pakistan Muslim League-N chief Nawaz Sharif met Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan Sharat Sabharwal here and discussed various issues confronting both the countries.
According to sources privy to the meeting, Sabharwal told Sharif that New Delhi is eager to deescalate the heightened tension between the two countries and also briefed him about the India’s efforts in this regard.
During the meeting, the Indian High Commissioner stressed the need of a ‘joint effort’ for establishing regional peace.
Sharif told Sabharwal that it was important to resolve the long pending Kashmir issue to normalise relations.
“To normalise Indo-Pakistan relations and regional peace, the Kashmir dispute should be resolved on an urgent basis in accordance with UN resolutions,” The Daily Times quoted Sharif, as saying.
The IPL controversy was also discussed in the meeting, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair