Sharif to take all parties into confidence on Taliban talks
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif Saturday said he would take all parties into confidence about talks with the Taliban, Xinhua reported.
Sharif`s statement came just hours after the opposition leader, Khurshid Shah, said the government had not shared anything about the dialogue with the armed militants.
The country`s all major political and religious parties last month had called on the government to initiate talks with the Taliban for ending bloodshed.
The opposition leader said he has written to the prime minister, stating that the government has not taken any step to inform them about any development on the issue of talks with the Taliban.
Sharif, has directed that all political parties be taken into confidence with regard to the progress of dialogue with the Taliban, the prime minister`s office said Saturday.
The representatives of different political parties should feel as part of the process, Sharif said in a meeting with Interior Minister Chowdhary Nisar Ali Khan.
The prime minister has asked Khan to contact the leaders of political parties and take them into confidence on the talks, sources said.
Official sources said Sharif is likely to speak in the parliament soon for taking the house into confidence on his recent visit to the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray