Sharif wants terrorism crushed in Pakistan
Islamabad: To crush terrorism in Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called for a more vigilant and modern policing along with effective coordination among all authorities.
Co-chairing a meeting with Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif in Lahore, Nawaz Sharif asked the police to conduct investigations on merit and help provide speedy justice, reported the Daily Times on Sunday.
He directed Punjab`s acting inspector general of police Khan Baig to chalk out a comprehensive strategy using modern technology for better policing. He was speaking on police reforms on Saturday.
The prime minister said Pakistan was the only country where hundreds of innocents were being killed in terror attacks.
"Our public places and even mosques are attacked by the terrorists."
He said terrorism had severely affected trade and economy, and the country was facing an energy crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you