Sharif warns mutiny if Pak sovereignty is attacked
Lahore: Pakistan Muslim League -Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif has warned the government of a public mutiny if it continued pledging national sovereignty to foreigners and patronizing corrupt elements.
"I appeal to the rulers to immediately stop their wrong practices; otherwise, the public will revolt against them, and I will definitely side with the public for setting things right", The News quoted him, as saying.
Describing May as a fateful month, that witnessed attacks on Pakistan`s sovereignty, he warned that he would launch a full-fledged campaign to demand an independent inquiry into the Abbottabad operation.
Nawaz also asked Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani what happened to the consensus resolution, which he himself has read out in the joint session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown