Sharif warns mutiny if Pak sovereignty is attacked
Lahore: Pakistan Muslim League -Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif has warned the government of a public mutiny if it continued pledging national sovereignty to foreigners and patronizing corrupt elements.
"I appeal to the rulers to immediately stop their wrong practices; otherwise, the public will revolt against them, and I will definitely side with the public for setting things right", The News quoted him, as saying.
Describing May as a fateful month, that witnessed attacks on Pakistan`s sovereignty, he warned that he would launch a full-fledged campaign to demand an independent inquiry into the Abbottabad operation.
Nawaz also asked Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani what happened to the consensus resolution, which he himself has read out in the joint session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17