Sharif warns mutiny if Pak sovereignty is attacked
Lahore: Pakistan Muslim League -Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif has warned the government of a public mutiny if it continued pledging national sovereignty to foreigners and patronizing corrupt elements.
"I appeal to the rulers to immediately stop their wrong practices; otherwise, the public will revolt against them, and I will definitely side with the public for setting things right", The News quoted him, as saying.
Describing May as a fateful month, that witnessed attacks on Pakistan`s sovereignty, he warned that he would launch a full-fledged campaign to demand an independent inquiry into the Abbottabad operation.
Nawaz also asked Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani what happened to the consensus resolution, which he himself has read out in the joint session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!