Sharif warns mutiny if Pak sovereignty is attacked
Lahore: Pakistan Muslim League -Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif has warned the government of a public mutiny if it continued pledging national sovereignty to foreigners and patronizing corrupt elements.
"I appeal to the rulers to immediately stop their wrong practices; otherwise, the public will revolt against them, and I will definitely side with the public for setting things right", The News quoted him, as saying.
Describing May as a fateful month, that witnessed attacks on Pakistan`s sovereignty, he warned that he would launch a full-fledged campaign to demand an independent inquiry into the Abbottabad operation.
Nawaz also asked Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani what happened to the consensus resolution, which he himself has read out in the joint session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!