Sherpa guides missing after avalanche in the Himalayas
Kathmandu: A veteran Nepalese guide who has climbed the Mt Everest 19 times is missing along with two others, after an avalanche hit their expedition in the Himalayas.
The veteran Sherpa guide, Chhewang Nima, 43, was accompanying a British expedition to the 7,130 m Mt Baruntse. Sources in the Nepal Mountaineering Association said two other Sherpa guides were also missing along with him.
They said an avalanche in the mountain hit the men who were fixing ropes near the summit. Other members of the expedition were reported to be safe.
A rescue team was dispatched on a helicopter today to look for the guides.
Nima has climbed Mt Everest 19 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi