Sherpa guides missing after avalanche in the Himalayas
Kathmandu: A veteran Nepalese guide who has climbed the Mt Everest 19 times is missing along with two others, after an avalanche hit their expedition in the Himalayas.
The veteran Sherpa guide, Chhewang Nima, 43, was accompanying a British expedition to the 7,130 m Mt Baruntse. Sources in the Nepal Mountaineering Association said two other Sherpa guides were also missing along with him.
They said an avalanche in the mountain hit the men who were fixing ropes near the summit. Other members of the expedition were reported to be safe.
A rescue team was dispatched on a helicopter today to look for the guides.
Nima has climbed Mt Everest 19 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered