Sherry Rehman wasn`t stopped from coming to State Dept: Nuland
Washington: The US on Friday denied reports that Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US, Sherry Rehman, was asked not to come to the State Department to lodge her country`s protest against recent US drone strikes and was instead asked to talk on the phone.
"My understanding is that the encounter between Ambassador Rehman and Deputy Secretary (of State, Thomas) Nides happened on the phone because the ambassador`s in Pakistan, she`s not actually in the states this week," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?