Sherry Rehman wasn`t stopped from coming to State Dept: Nuland
Washington: The US on Friday denied reports that Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US, Sherry Rehman, was asked not to come to the State Department to lodge her country`s protest against recent US drone strikes and was instead asked to talk on the phone.
"My understanding is that the encounter between Ambassador Rehman and Deputy Secretary (of State, Thomas) Nides happened on the phone because the ambassador`s in Pakistan, she`s not actually in the states this week," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi