Shia cleric, son killed in Pakistan`s Punjab province
Lahore: A prominent Shia cleric and his son were gunned down by unidentified men in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Saturday, police said.
Sheikh Manzoor Hussain, president of a chapter of the Shia Ulema Council, and his son Haider Hussain were shot dead at Abbasia Town in Rahim Yar Khan district.
They were coming out of their house when the attackers fired at them. Hussain and his son were killed instantly, police officials said.
Markets in the area closed down after the shooting, which caused tension among local residents.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America