Shia cleric, son killed in Pakistan`s Punjab province
Lahore: A prominent Shia cleric and his son were gunned down by unidentified men in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Saturday, police said.
Sheikh Manzoor Hussain, president of a chapter of the Shia Ulema Council, and his son Haider Hussain were shot dead at Abbasia Town in Rahim Yar Khan district.
They were coming out of their house when the attackers fired at them. Hussain and his son were killed instantly, police officials said.
Markets in the area closed down after the shooting, which caused tension among local residents.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth