Shia cleric, son killed in Pakistan`s Punjab province
Lahore: A prominent Shia cleric and his son were gunned down by unidentified men in Pakistan`s Punjab province on Saturday, police said.
Sheikh Manzoor Hussain, president of a chapter of the Shia Ulema Council, and his son Haider Hussain were shot dead at Abbasia Town in Rahim Yar Khan district.
They were coming out of their house when the attackers fired at them. Hussain and his son were killed instantly, police officials said.
Markets in the area closed down after the shooting, which caused tension among local residents.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened