Shia lawyer, two sons killed in Karachi
Islamabad: In a sectarian attack, a Shia lawyer and his two young sons were killed on Tuesday in a drive-by shooting in the Pakistani port city of Karachi, police said.
Kausar Saqlain, a lawyer practising in the Sindh High Court, was driving his sons to school when gunmen riding a motorcycle attacked his vehicle near Mauripur Road in Karachi.
The two boys were killed instantly while Saqlain sustained severe injuries.
He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police described the incident as a sectarian attack.
Lawyers` organisations called a strike to protest the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report