Shia lawyer, two sons killed in Karachi
Islamabad: In a sectarian attack, a Shia lawyer and his two young sons were killed on Tuesday in a drive-by shooting in the Pakistani port city of Karachi, police said.
Kausar Saqlain, a lawyer practising in the Sindh High Court, was driving his sons to school when gunmen riding a motorcycle attacked his vehicle near Mauripur Road in Karachi.
The two boys were killed instantly while Saqlain sustained severe injuries.
He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police described the incident as a sectarian attack.
Lawyers` organisations called a strike to protest the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Four arrested, says Prakash Javadekar
- SC rejects TRAI's plea on IUC case from Gujarat High Court to Delhi HC
- Chairman Hamid Ansari asks TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Roy to leave Rajya Sabha – Know why
- Maruti Suzuki sales jump 13% in April at 1,26,569 units