Shia lawyer, two sons killed in Karachi
Islamabad: In a sectarian attack, a Shia lawyer and his two young sons were killed on Tuesday in a drive-by shooting in the Pakistani port city of Karachi, police said.
Kausar Saqlain, a lawyer practising in the Sindh High Court, was driving his sons to school when gunmen riding a motorcycle attacked his vehicle near Mauripur Road in Karachi.
The two boys were killed instantly while Saqlain sustained severe injuries.
He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police described the incident as a sectarian attack.
Lawyers` organisations called a strike to protest the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends