Shia lawyer, two sons killed in Karachi
Islamabad: In a sectarian attack, a Shia lawyer and his two young sons were killed on Tuesday in a drive-by shooting in the Pakistani port city of Karachi, police said.
Kausar Saqlain, a lawyer practising in the Sindh High Court, was driving his sons to school when gunmen riding a motorcycle attacked his vehicle near Mauripur Road in Karachi.
The two boys were killed instantly while Saqlain sustained severe injuries.
He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police described the incident as a sectarian attack.
Lawyers` organisations called a strike to protest the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest