Shia leader escapes bid on life in Pak
Islamabad: A prominent Shia leader on Friday
escaped a bid on his life when a grenade was lobbed at his
vehicle, prompting his guards to open fire on the attacker who
was killed instantly in southwestern Pakistan`s Quetta city.
Allama Maqsood Domki, a top leader of the
Tehrik-e-Jafaria, was attacked in the Ibrahim Road area of
Quetta shortly after the Friday prayers.
An unidentified man lobbed a grenade at Domki`s car but
it did not explode, reports said.
Domki`s guard opened fire on the attacker, killing him
instantly. An accomplice of the attacker escaped, police said.
A passer-by was injured in the firing.
Police described the attack as an incident of sectarian
violence targeting Domki, who is a key Shia leader.
The Pakistan government has provided armed guards to
Domki as he had received threats from banned groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic