Shia leader escapes bid on life in Pak
Islamabad: A prominent Shia leader on Friday
escaped a bid on his life when a grenade was lobbed at his
vehicle, prompting his guards to open fire on the attacker who
was killed instantly in southwestern Pakistan`s Quetta city.
Allama Maqsood Domki, a top leader of the
Tehrik-e-Jafaria, was attacked in the Ibrahim Road area of
Quetta shortly after the Friday prayers.
An unidentified man lobbed a grenade at Domki`s car but
it did not explode, reports said.
Domki`s guard opened fire on the attacker, killing him
instantly. An accomplice of the attacker escaped, police said.
A passer-by was injured in the firing.
Police described the attack as an incident of sectarian
violence targeting Domki, who is a key Shia leader.
The Pakistan government has provided armed guards to
Domki as he had received threats from banned groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened