Shikarpur shrine blast victim succumbs to injuries
Islamabad: The custodian of a Sufi shrine in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province on Monday succumbed to injuries sustained in a bomb attack last month.
Pir Hajjan Shah, the `gaddi nasheen` of Ghazi Ghulam Shah Mari Dargah, died in Patel Hospital in Karachi, the capital of Sindh.
Shah was admitted to the hospital after he was severely injured in the bomb attack at Shikarpur on February 25.
With his death, the toll in the attack rose to five.
The shrine was packed with visitors when a huge explosion ripped through it last month.
As news of Shah`s death spread through Shikarpur, his followers came out on the roads and organised mourning processions.
All bazars and business centres were closed down.
The Ghazi Ghulam Shah Mari Dargah was bombed just five days after Islamic scholar Sain Hussain Shah was targeted in another bomb attack at Jacobabad in Sindh.
Shah`s grandson was killed and 10 others were injured in that attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video