`Should have mayor in Islamabad, like in Delhi`
Islamabad: The government plans to hold local bodies elections in Islamabad and the capital will then have a mayor like the one in New Delhi, said Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.
Gilani Monday said the government was seriously considering elections to local bodies in the federal capital, and Islamabad will have a mayor after the polls.
"There should be mayor of Islamabad like in New Delhi, Dhaka and various other capitals of the world," reports quoted Gilani as saying.
The Prime Minister he has already taken President Asif Ali Zardari into confidence and would also consult other political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!