`Should have mayor in Islamabad, like in Delhi`
Islamabad: The government plans to hold local bodies elections in Islamabad and the capital will then have a mayor like the one in New Delhi, said Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.
Gilani Monday said the government was seriously considering elections to local bodies in the federal capital, and Islamabad will have a mayor after the polls.
"There should be mayor of Islamabad like in New Delhi, Dhaka and various other capitals of the world," reports quoted Gilani as saying.
The Prime Minister he has already taken President Asif Ali Zardari into confidence and would also consult other political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands