`Should have mayor in Islamabad, like in Delhi`
Islamabad: The government plans to hold local bodies elections in Islamabad and the capital will then have a mayor like the one in New Delhi, said Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.
Gilani Monday said the government was seriously considering elections to local bodies in the federal capital, and Islamabad will have a mayor after the polls.
"There should be mayor of Islamabad like in New Delhi, Dhaka and various other capitals of the world," reports quoted Gilani as saying.
The Prime Minister he has already taken President Asif Ali Zardari into confidence and would also consult other political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS